Black Rice with Braised Chicken Thighs
Lunch or dinner your call? A different meal that you will adore! Full of nutrients and energy 😁
Number of portions
- 4 bone -in, skin -on chicken thighs
- ¼ Tsp salt, plus more for seasoning the chicken
- 1 Tsp coconut oil
- 1 piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 3 large garlic gloves, sliced
- 2/3 Cup black rice
- 1 ½ Cup water
- ½ Cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 lemongrass stalk, outside layer peeled off, smashed with the side of knife
1. Season the chicken thighs generously with salt on both sides.
2. In a 12-inch braiser or saute pan with a lid, melt the coconut oil over medium -high heat.
3. Add the chicken thighs, skin-side down, and sear until very nicely browned. Flip and cook until browned on the second side, about 5 minutes each side. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
4. Add the ginger and garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds, or until fragrant but not browned.
5. Add the rice and give it a stir, coating each grain with the oil.
6. Add the water, coconut milk, lemongrass, and salt. Bring the mixture to a simmer, then return the chicken thighs to the pan, skin-side up, and cover. Reduce the heat to the lowest setting and simmer gently for 45 minutes.
7. Divide rice and serve with two thighs.
explore other RECIPES
Ask a question or book an appointment below.
(+357) 22 454 663
11, Kyriakou Matsi Street Nikis Center 1st Floor 1082, Nicosia- Cyprus