Faster falafel you have ever made and the most delicious ones as well! They are made in the oven, they are vegan and very low in calories!
Number of portions
- 3×400 gr can chickpeas
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 red onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbls sesame seeds
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbls parsley (only the leaves)
- 4 Tbls olive oil
Green tahini sauce
- 1 C tahini
- 1 handful rocket
- 1 small garlic (put in the oven)
- ½ lemon juice
- 2 Tbls olive oil
1. Put all the ingredients in the food processor with 1 Tbls water.
2. Blitz until combined but not smooth ( make sure the chickpeas have some texture).
3. Season with salt and pepper and roll into 18 balls.
4. Flatten each ball and arrange on the baking sheet.
5. Brush with 1 Tbls olive oil and bake for 20 min until golden and crisp.
We love to eat it with salad and green tahini sauce.
explore other RECIPES
Ask a question or book an appointment below.
(+357) 22 454 663
11, Kyriakou Matsi Street Nikis Center 1st Floor 1082, Nicosia- Cyprus