The creamiest, healthiest Vegan Cream of Broccoli Soup there ever was…comfort food in a bowl!
The creamiest, healthiest Vegan Cream of Broccoli Soup there ever was…comfort food in a bowl! It literally took me 30 min to make and it has only 182 Kcal per bowl! I had it as a first two nights in a row instead of salad! Very full feeling and yummy!
Number of portions
• 3/4 cup raw cashews, soaked
• 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
• 2 medium onions, diced
• 2 stalks celery, chopped
• 3 carrots, chopped
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 16 oz broccoli (about 7 cups, packed)
• 6 cups water, divided
• 1 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
• freshly ground pepper
1. Place cashews in a small bowl. Cover with water. Soak for at least 30 minutes, or overnight. (I brewed water, poured the boiling water over the cashews, and let them soak for 15 minutes. If you have a high-speed blender, they won’t need to soak long.)
2. Add oil to a large pot over medium high heat. Once hot, add onion and a pinch of salt and sauté for about three minutes. Add celery and carrots and sauté for another five minutes. Add garlic and broccoli and sauté for another five minutes.
3. Add 5 cups water, salt, and pepper. Stir and bring mixture to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
4. Drain cashews. Place cashews and 1 cup water in a blender! Blend until very smooth and creamy. There should be no clumps. Set the cashew cream on my picture!
5. Puree soup using a large blender or immersion blender. You’ll likely have to do this in batches.
6. Once soup is pureed, stir in cashew cream. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
7. You can also add a bit of cashew cream on top! You can also use vegan yogurt or regular yogurt instead of the cashew cream!
explore other RECIPES
Ask a question or book an appointment below.