Vegan meat-free balls & Green spaghetti
The green dish!Every year right after Green Monday, we try to fast as a family! Theodora and Nicholas are excited about this process because they get to try new tastes and recipes!
I get to discuss with them about the cleansing effect that a balanced fasting can give! Kids usually eat eggs, dairy and fish throughout this process but not every day!
This year my parents, my sister in law- who follows a vegan diet anyway, my little niece and my brother will follow! It’s our bonding process!
Follow us for recipes!
Number of portions
- ½ cup minced onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 egg or 1 Tbls chia in 4 Tbls water
- 1 cup chickpeas (cooked, grounded)
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese (vegan)
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbls olive oil
- 2 Tbls oats
- ¼ cup fresh parsley (optional)
- Salt /Pepper
- 250-300g wholemeal spaghetti
- 200gr baby spinach
- 1 ripe avocado (stoned, peeled)
- Small bunch basil
- 100gr frozen peas
- 25gr vegan cheese (grated)
1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl to make the meat-free balls
2. Divide and roll into 8 meat-free balls.
3. Put on a tray and cook in a preheated oven for 40 min at 200°C.
4. Meanwhile, make the sauce.
5. Pour hot water of the peas to defrost them, then drain well. Whizz the defrosted peas, spinach avocado, basil and parmesan in a blender with 100ml of the pasta water, adding more if needed, to make sauce. Season well.
6. Drain to pasta, saving some of the water, and tip the pasta into the meatball. Add the sauce and cook for a min or 2 until hot.
7. Add the meat-free balls to the pasta and grade 25gr of vegan cheese on top.
explore other RECIPES
Ask a question or book an appointment below.
(+357) 22 454 663
11, Kyriakou Matsi Street Nikis Center 1st Floor 1082, Nicosia- Cyprus