It’s not just any baba ghanoush! It is a smoky baba ghanoush
and even though the recipe is from my Italian friend I am sure my Lebanese friend will approve!
Number of portions
· 2 big aubergines or eggplants
· 1 tsp paprika, smoked
· 1 tsp ground cumin
· 2 garlic gloves
· 1 tsp zaatar
· 1 Tbls tahini
· Juice of 2 lemon
· Pinch of salt
1. Preheat the grill to medium
2. Cut the eggplants and in half, lengthways and make criss-cross cuts through the flesh.
3. Place them cut side up on a baking tray.
4. Mix the paprika, the cumin and the olive oil and brush the eggplants.
5. Cook the eggplants until juices start to run
6. Set aside to cool for 10-15 min and then scoop the flesh of the eggplants and put in the blender along with garlic, zaatar, tahini, lemon juice and salt
explore other RECIPES
Ask a question or book an appointment below.
(+357) 22 454 663
11, Kyriakou Matsi Street Nikis Center 1st Floor 1082, Nicosia- Cyprus