Bulgur and fresh herb salad
I wish you could taste this salad right now! Seriously, once taste it you will want to come back to it several times.The secret is in the herbs!!
Number of portions
1 cup bulgur
2 springs rosemary
2 springs fresh thyme
Zest and juice of one lemon
3-4 spring onions, chopped
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
3/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
1/2 cup parsley, chopped
2 Tables spoon dried cheery tomatoes , chopped
2 Tbls golden raisins
Seeds of 1 pomegranate
1/4 of an apple diced
3 Tbls olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a medium sauce pan combine bulgur, 2 cups water, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and let simmer for 15-20 min.
- Remove the springs add the lemon and olive oil and let it cool.
- Transfer vulgar to a medium mixing bowl and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Taste for seasoning and serve.
P.S I can eat this for days
explore other RECIPES
Ask a question or book an appointment below.
(+357) 22 454 663
11, Kyriakou Matsi Street Nikis Center 1st Floor 1082, Nicosia- Cyprus